8.19.2013

D I Y : Pipe Pouch


I recently had my friends very talented dad craft me a pipe, I asked him if he could burn an echinacea flower on it and he came up with the loveliest design. I've just been smitten over those blooms this summer so I thought it would be a nice addition to my new companion.
After receiving my pipe and smoking it once or twice, I decided that I needed to make a little pouch to carry my pipe necessities inside of. 
I visited my town's leather goods store and went straight to the scrap bin priced per pound and picked out the softest shade of brown I could find as well as grabbing a couple one dollar ties for the draw string. Other than that all you need for this project is a sewing machine or  needle and thread and a hole puncher! 



First you, measure your pipe and the goods you want to fit inside of your pouch. 
Then cut out two identical peices.
Next, sew the two pieces together, outside in.
Flip your pouch right side out and you're almost there!


Take your hole puncher and punch two pairs of two holes into each side near the top.
Lace in your leather string and draw it up.


Now you have a friendly pouch to put your goodies in! Yay!


Of course, your pouch could be anything you want it to be and doesn't have to house a pipe, that's just what I use mine for! You could use it for a snack sack or a pencil case! Absolutely anything your little heart desires... that is small enough to fit in this handy pouch. 

Truly // Sarah

Pipe courtesy of Wellswood Wood Works. Find him on Facebook to receive your own personally crafted pipe! 

5 comments:

  1. I love a good pipe!!! I haven't had one in so long. I think, for me, the burn on your tongue is what I must overcome. Once I do that, I'll be very pleased. I've wanted a custom pipe for yearrrrs! The pouch is perfection. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about investing in a pipe! I love this little craft. I'm always so inspired by your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the sharing of such information. we will pass it on to our readers. This is a great reading. Thanking you

    Pressure Pipe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips. very well-written, keyword-oriented and incredibly useful. its really interesting to many readers. I really appreciate this, thanks
    Plastic Pipe

    ReplyDelete